“In all of living, have much fun and laughter.
Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.”
-Gordon B. Hinckley








.
.

Christmas Time!

We had a fun Christmas party at the Smiths
before we left for Utah....


Belle and Santa (who is really Kevin, and such a good sport!)
This year Belle asked for kitchen toys and makeup (yeah right!) and a Nintedo DS.


Zach being a good sport and sitting on Santa's knee for a picture.
He asked for Legos, DS game and a Nerf Axe.

**Brady wasn't with us this night because his best friend Rileigh invited him to a movie. I let him go because she was moving to Missouri the following week.

He pretty much asked for the same stuff as Zach for Christmas. (nice and easy!)



We've been good this year too! :)

______________________________


We had such a good time being with my family and friends in Utah. It was so great to see them all! Although, I do have to say I will pass on the snow. I do not like it one little bit. Not a smidgen! It was so cold and on one of the days it was 7 degrees!!! Who likes that? If you do, you are crazy! I would much rather live in the heat....yes, even if it mean 115 degrees in the summer. :)





OK, this was too funny. My sister bought 'Just Dance 2' for the wii and we convinced our hubbies to play it. I am surprised that #1, they agreed; #2 that they lasted the WHOLE song; and #3 that they kept dancing when I brought out the camera and started taking pictures of them. (Secretly, I think they "looked good"! hahaha)

___________________________________

Christmas this year ended up being in the spare bedroom of my brother's house, where we stayed and Josh and I slept. And where the only Christmas tree was in the house. (see the 18 inch tree in the background?) See, my brother Kerry doesn't celebrate Christmas with all the materialism that unfortunately takes over the true meaning for a lot of people. He doesn't decorate, doesn't buy gifts and doesn't want anyone to buy gifts for him. Which I get. Kind of extreme....(I can say that because I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog or any others) but I understand why. I do believe that you can keep a balance and by doing so have a wonderful and memorable time.


Here are the kids so excited and opening their gifts.



Belle in her kitchen attire!
Santa "delivered!"



The boys playing their 'paper jam' guitars and Josh with his 'paper jam' drums.
Maybe we should start a band in the garage?!


Oh my heck....what is this?????

Yes, we suckered in and got a dog!
(What the heck were we thinking??? hahaha)

Actually, I don't have any regrets...yet. She is such a cute puppy and so much fun to have around. The kids love playing with her and are so good to make sure she is fed and clean up the poop!

Jersey.


Yup! That's her name.
And no....not after 'Jersey Shore'
(I promise I have NEVER even seen that show!)

6 comments:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

We relented this year as well and got the girls a puppy...I have many stories of "potty training" nightmares I could share and even a few "poo poo" pics on my blog. ARGH what was I thinking! Good thing he is cute most of the time!

lisa louise said...

Ok. That was alot to take in. So where do I start? You got a dog?? What! I love dogs and I didn't get a personal text telling me this wonderful news!? He is so cute, I love puppies!! Next I love the costumes, your eyes are the best, I missed being able to borrow them this year :). I love the dress belle has on at the wedding she is going to break some hearts! I also love her first day o school outfit. Very sassy! I loved the vase with flowers/clips such a fetching cute idea. I could go on and on. I miss you all. Xoxoxox oh and tell the boys they better stop shutting belle out cuz there will come a time when she has cute friends over and they will get shut out of her room! Hahaha

The McEnaney's said...

I love ALL your updates! So glad you posted!

Mills Family said...

wow you have been busy. Thats what I need to do is update clear back from the summer, but everytime I think about doing it I say oh I will do it tomorrow so one day maybe LOL!
That puppy is so cute!

Diamond in the Rough said...

I am so glad that Christmas was good :) and I am glad that you got to be around family. Your kiddos are so darn cute! I hope you are going well. Drop me a line if you get a chance.

Your Scentsy Consultant- Andrea Smith said...

Hey Girl! LOVE your blog!
So glad you commented on mine so I could finally start following yours!
LOVE the pictures of our dinner and the family night we all did together. We need to do that more!
We're eachother's families here in Yuma!
LOVE YA!